Keith Lorren’s Famous Spices
Keith Lorren’s Gourmet Products are the sh#t! The Spice King Collection is a luxury line of gourmet spice blends that are more flavorful than many of your more traditional brands currently on the market. Most featured seasonings have over 14 herbs/spices within them resulting in incredible aromatics when simply opening the bottle. My favorite so far is the Country BBQ Rub. I made a delicious and memorable rack of ribs on Labor Day using this incredible spice mix. What I really like about the seasonings is many of them are low in sodium and use natural herbs and spices to for taste, rather than loads of sodium and msg. I hate seasonings that are overbearing and consume my entrees with salt.
While visiting Chef at his uncle’s Country Corner stand in Miami, he blessed us with this amazing recipe! Our team was on hand to watch Chef create a unique and delicious entrée with fresh ingredients inclusive of Florida shrimp, collards, peppers, and cream. This is definitely a crowd pleaser, so save this recipe for entertaining guests or even a date night with the Mrs.
I met Chef Keith Loreen at the Hungry Black Man Culinary Week Conference and was impressed with both his cooking and spice line. Chef Keith is known affectionately around the world as “The King of Spice” for his incredible line of seasonings and spices available at www.keithlorren.com and soon to a grocer near you!
Chef Loreen has traveled and worked around the globe in countries such as China, Japan, the UAE and Greece, exploring cultures and traditional cuisines while developing culinary products for major corporations and cooking for famous guests.
He obtained his culinary education by traveling internationally, working and managing various restaurants in Miami, Florida, Shanghai, China, Dubai, UAE, and studying Culinary Arts at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York. He also obtained a Business Administration degree from Nova Southeastern University, Davie, Florida.
Chef Lorren has worked behind the scenes at the Food Network Studios in Manhattan, NY, developing recipes for top shows, and has been a guest on several television and radio programs including NBC’s Today Show, Food Network’s Guy’s Grocery Games, and Travel Channel’s Park Secrets. Currently, Keith Lorren Spices are sold in over 200 Stop & Shop Stores in New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts. Other Stores include 77 Big Y World Class Market Grocery Stores in Connecticut and Massachusetts, and Country Corner Produce in Miami Gardens, FL. We are excited to introduce Chef Keith Loreen as a contributor to our amazing weekend recipe series.
Keith Lorren’s Creamed Collards with Crispy Shrimp Creamed Collards:
Creamed Collard Greens
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 strip of smoked bacon sliced into ½ inch pieces or 2 tablespoons of smoked turkey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup onions or shallots, minced
- ½ cup of tri colored peppers chopped
- ¼ cup minced scallions
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 cups of shredded collard greens tough stems and ribs removed
- 2-3 cups half and half
- 1 cup of water or meat stock
- Keith Lorren’s Seasoned Sea Salt to taste
- Keith Lorren’s Gourmet Collard Green Seasoning
- Keith Lorren’s Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup shaved asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon
- Fresh minced parsley for garnish
1) Sautee bacon with butter until crispy
2) Add flour and whisk well
3) Add peppers and onions and sauté for two (2) minutes
4) Add garlic and collard greens while sautéing for 2-3 minutes or until collards are wilted
5) Add half and half and continue cooking until greens are tender. Add water/stock if necessary to thin sauce.
6) Season to taste with fresh cracked black pepper, nutmeg, Keith Lorren Collard Green Seasoningand Keith Lorren Seasoned Sea Salt
7) Add cheese reserving a little for garnish
- ½ lb jumbo shrimp cleaned and deveined, shells removed
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Keith Lorren’s Gourmet Seafood seasoning to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Dash of smoked paprika
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Heat oil to 375 to 400 degrees
- Season shrimp with lime juice, Keith Lorren’s Seafood Seasoning, black pepper and smoked paprika.
- Fold in 1 beaten egg
- Shake the shrimp into the flour so that each shrimp is evenly coated 4) Remove shrimp from flour and drop into hot oil
- Fry 3-5 minutes until done and crisp.
- Remove from oil and immediately sprinkle the shrimp lightly with Keith Lorren’s Seafood
Seasoning Assembly: Arrange creamed collards on a plate and place shrimp on top in a decorative manner. Garnish with the asiago cheese, fresh parsley, sliced scallions, and a dash of smoked paprikaServes 3-4.
Our amazing photography is from none other than our Media Director, Mr. Korey Davis. Check him out at Korey Davis Photography @kdavisphotog for booking.